Decadent dessert nachos are exactly what you need at your next party! Super-easy cinnamon sugar chips are topped with luscious melted chocolate and a super easy homemade cream cheese icing. Fresh strawberries and whipped cream complete this gorgeous plate of crunchy goodness.
The variations are endless! There's so many ways to get creative with sweet and savory toppings!
- 12 (fajita-sized) tortillas
- 3 tablespoons butter (melted)
- 1/2 cup cinnamon sugar
- 1 cup bitter sweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup strawberries
- 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
- For the cream cheese icing
- 4 ounces cream cheese (softened)
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
Gather your ingredients.
Preheat the oven to 375F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside. Brush both sides of each tortilla with the melted butter. Stack them after they have been brushed.
Dust each buttered tortilla with cinnamon sugar on both sides.
Cut each tortilla into 6 wedges. You can cut them individually or stack them and cut them to save time.
Place the wedges on the prepared baking sheets. Do not let them overlap. Sprinkle the tops with extra cinnamon sugar.
Bake them in the preheated oven for 10 to 15 minutes or until crisp and the sugar has slightly caramelized. Allow them to cool before topping them!
Gather the ingredients for the cream cheese icing.
Whisk together the softened cream cheese, powdered sugar, vanilla extract, and milk in a small bowl. Place it in a decorating bag or a zip-top bag with the tip cut off.
Melt the chocolate chips in the microwave in 30-second increments, stirring in between until completely smooth.
Chop the strawberries in a small dice. Then toss them with the tablespoon of granulated sugar.
Arrange the tortillas on your serving plate.
Drizzle the cinnamon sugar chips with the melted chocolate and cream cheese icing. Then top with the chopped strawberries.
Top with a few squirts of whipped cream and serve immediately!
There are so many tasty possibilities!
- Caramel Apple Nachos: Chop up an apple and toss it with a little sugar and apple pie seasoning. Top the cinnamon sugar chips with the diced apple and some pre-made caramel sauce. Whipped cream doesn't hurt either!
- Banana Split Nachos: Top the cinnamon sugar chips with a few scoops of ice cream, a drizzle of hot fudge sauce, chopped pineapple, sliced banana, and chopped strawberries. You favorite sundae transformed into a plate of nachos!
- Nutella Nachos: Instead of plain old chocolate, melt some Nutella and drizzle that over the chips. Add in bananas and chopped strawberries.
- S'mores Nachos: Place the cinnamon sugar chips into a large baking tray or a cast iron skillet. Cover them with mini marshmallows and place it under the broiler until toasty. Pour over some melted chocolate and crumbled graham crackers.