|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Servings: 2/3 cup (6 servings)|
|Amount per serving|
|% Daily Value*|
|Total Fat 18g||24%|
|Saturated Fat 3g||13%|
|Total Carbohydrate 11g||4%|
|Dietary Fiber 2g||6%|
|*The % Daily Value (DV) tells you how much a nutrient in a food serving contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.|
With this 5-ingredient mixture you’ll be turning the most basic piece of protein into a meal you’d be happy to serve your family and just about anyone who might stop by.
If you want one boilerplate marinade, this is it. Perfect for chicken, pork, shrimp, and any kind of fish. The mustard helps emulsify the marinade, making it thicker so it really clings to the food.
- 1/2 cup olive oil (extra virgin)
- 2 shallots (minced)
- 2 garlic cloves (finely minced)
- 3 lemons (zested and juiced)
- 3 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
Gather the ingredients.
Put the olive oil, shallots, lemon zest and juice, mustard, and salt and pepper in a bowl of a jar with a lid. Whisk or shake to combine well.
- Marinate chicken for at least 4 hours, up to 12 for bone-in pieces, shrimp for 30 minutes to 1 hour, and fish for 30 minutes.
- This marinade will last for at least 5 days in the fridge.