With this 5-ingredient mixture you’ll be turning the most basic piece of protein into a meal you’d be happy to serve your family and just about anyone who might stop by. This will last for at least 5 days in the fridge.
If you want one boilerplate marinade, this is it. Perfect for chicken, pork, shrimp, and any kind of fish. Marinate chicken for at least 4 hours, up to 12 for bone-in pieces, shrimp for 30 minutes to 1 hour, and fish for 30 minutes. The mustard helps emulsify the marinade, making it thicker so it really clings to the food.
- 1/2 cup olive oil (extra virgin)
- 2 shallots (minced)
- 2 garlic cloves (
- finely minced)
- 3 lemons (zested and juiced)
- 3 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
- Put the olive oil, shallots, lemon zest and juice, mustard, and salt and pepper in a bowl of a jar with a lid. Whisk or shake to combine well.
|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Total Fat||18 g|
|Saturated Fat||3 g|
|Unsaturated Fat||13 g|
|Dietary Fiber||2 g|