|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Servings: serves: 8|
|Amount per serving|
|% Daily Value*|
|Total Fat 7g||9%|
|Saturated Fat 1g||6%|
|Total Carbohydrate 29g||11%|
|Dietary Fiber 5g||16%|
|*The % Daily Value (DV) tells you how much a nutrient in a food serving contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.|
The combination of horseradish, plain yogurt, and dill really gives this potato salad a zing. This is a great accompaniment to most grilled and smoked meats, but works really well with pork and chicken.
- 1 pound small potatoes
- 1 can garbanzo beans (drained)
- 1/4 cup red onion (chopped)
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1/3 cup plain yogurt
- 1 to 2 cloves garlic (minced)
- 3 tablespoons fresh dill (finely chopped)
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon prepared horseradish
- 1 teaspoon salt for boiling (plus 1 teaspoon or more for salad mixture)
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
Gather the ingredients.
Boil potatoes with salt until cooked through, about 25 minutes or more depending on type and size of potato.
Allow potatoes to cool (in ice bath) before cutting into 1 inch cubes.
In another bowl, combine remaining ingredients, including additional salt.
Add potatoes garbanzo beans, and mix well. Make sure not to over mix or else potatoes will become mushy. Use more salt if necessary.
Cover serving bowl with plastic wrap and let sit in refrigerator for at least 2 hours before serving.
The salad will keep for up to 3 days stored in the refrigerator in an air tight container.