|Nutrition Facts (per serving)|
|Servings: 5 to 6|
|Amount per serving|
|% Daily Value*|
|Total Fat 29g||37%|
|Saturated Fat 4g||20%|
|Total Carbohydrate 58g||21%|
|Dietary Fiber 12g||42%|
|*The % Daily Value (DV) tells you how much a nutrient in a food serving contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.|
This recipe is quick and easy to make with frozen peas, frozen artichoke hearts, fresh herbs, and that final touch of lemon juice. It calls for a lot of fresh dill, but if it's too much for your taste, you can use less or the equivalent of dried dill.
- 1 3/4 pounds of frozen peas
- 3/4 pound of frozen artichoke hearts
- 1 bunch of fresh dill (about 2 1/2 ounces) , stems removed, chopped (or 3-4 tablespoons of dried dill weed)
- 3 large green onions (chopped)
- 2 medium ripe tomatoes (grated or finely chopped with juice)
- 1 1/2 teaspoons of salt
- 1/2 teaspoon of pepper
- 3/4 cup of olive oil
- 1 cup of water
- Juice of 1 to 2 lemons
Sauté the onion and dill until the onion softens, add tomatoes and cook for 8 to 10 minutes.
Add peas, artichoke hearts, salt, pepper, and water. Stir well.
Bring to a boil, cover, reduce heat and simmer for 30 minutes.
Turn off heat and add lemon juice.
Shake the pan to distribute (do not stir), cover, and let sit for 10 minutes before serving.