This recipe is quick and easy to make with frozen peas, frozen artichoke hearts, fresh herbs... and that final touch of lemon juice. It calls for a lot of fresh dill, but if it's too much for your taste, substitute with 2 tablespoons of fresh or the equivalent of dried dill.
- 1 3/4 pounds of frozen peas
- 3/4 pound of frozen artichoke hearts
- 1 bunch of fresh dill (about 2 1/2 ounces) , stems removed, chopped (or 3-4 tablespoons of dried dill weed)
- 3 large green onions, chopped
- 2 medium ripe tomatoes, grated or finely chopped (with juice)
- 1 1/2 teaspoons of salt
- 1/2 teaspoon of pepper
- 3/4 cup of olive oil
- 1 cup of water
- Juice of 1-2 lemons
- Sauté the onion and dill until the onion softens, add tomatoes and cook for 8-10 minutes.
- Add peas, artichoke hearts, salt, pepper, and water. Stir well.
- Bring to a boil, cover, reduce heat and simmer for 30 minutes.
- Turn off heat and add lemon juice.
- Shake the pan to distribute (do not stir), cover, and let sit for 10 minutes before serving.
|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Total Fat||29 g|
|Saturated Fat||4 g|
|Unsaturated Fat||20 g|
|Dietary Fiber||12 g|