|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Servings: 2 servings|
|Amount per serving|
|% Daily Value*|
|Total Fat 29g||37%|
|Saturated Fat 15g||74%|
|Total Carbohydrate 9g||3%|
|Dietary Fiber 1g||5%|
|*The % Daily Value (DV) tells you how much a nutrient in a food serving contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.|
Use whatever vegetables or cheese you like or have on hand in this easy dinner omelet recipe that serves two. An omelet is a great choice for an easy and quick meal, especially on a weeknight. Most people don't think of serving breakfast for dinner, but breakfast recipes are healthy and inexpensive.
You can add whatever ingredients you'd like to this dinner omelet. Try using sautéed artichoke hearts in place of the mushrooms, use steamed green beans or add leftover cooked vegetables. Try a different kind of cheese; shredded Cheddar or Colby or Swiss would be delicious.
Serve this easy omelet with a glass of white wine and some crisp bacon or tender and smoky sausages. A fruit salad would be a nice addition too.
- 4 eggs
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/2 cup coarsely chopped mushrooms
- 1/2 cup chopped tomato
- 3 tablespoons minced green onion
- 1/2 cup shredded Havarti cheese
- Combine the eggs, milk, salt, and pepper in a medium bowl and beat well to mix.
- Place a medium nonstick skillet over medium-high heat and melt butter in it.
- Pour egg mixture into the skillet.
- Reduce heat to low and cook eggs, pulling eggs to center of the pan as they cook with a rubber spatula and gently lifting cooked portion to let the uncooked egg mixture flow underneath.
- Cook until eggs are set, and the bottom is light golden brown, but the top is still shiny.
- Sprinkle the vegetables and cheese evenly over the eggs. Fold omelet in half using the rubber spatula, cover, and let cook 1 minute longer to melt cheese. Cut in half and serve immediately.