What’s for dinner? That’s always the question on a busy weeknight, isn't it? The trick is how to get interesting, delicious meals on the table for your family. Dinner Plans is a realistic plan to put in a few hours of work (planning, shopping, and prepping) and get a big head start on your week.
Time: 1 hour 30 minutes
- Bake a double batch of salmon. Serve half of it fresh from the oven with your favorite roasted vegetables.
- Pack the rest in two portions, store in the refrigerator, and use to make two more healthy dinners. (They'd also easily pack up for lunches.)
- Organize your ingredients for Dinners 2 and 3.
- Tackle extra veg prep like rinsing herbs and chopping onions to save time and simplify clean-up later in the week.
See How to Make This Salmon
Prep Day Dinner
Prep Day Tips
- Double the baked salmon recipe.
- The thin tail end of the fillet cooks faster than the thick meaty side, so remove those from the oven a few minutes early.
- Cool, about 20 minutes, and pack remaining half in two labeled containers and refrigerate until ready to use.
This Pesto Salmon Pasta is a crowd-pleasing dish that combines comforting pasta with tender pieces of flaked salmon in a creamy basil sauce.
Salmon Pasta Prep Tips
- Use salmon fillets instead of salmon steaks in this recipe.
- Get ahead on prep day: stir together the ingredients for the pesto sauce and store in a labeled container. Par cook the spaghetti to al dente, chill and store until you are ready to assemble the dish.
- Serving suggestion: serve with steamed zucchini rounds or green salad.
These Crispy Salmon Cakes are so good, you will want to make them again and again. They're as simple to mix together as meatballs. Serve them on a bun with burger fixings, or on top of a green salad with a sharp vinaigrette to go along with the richness.
Salmon Cake Tips
- Use the thinner portion of the fillets to make these cakes.
- Get ahead on prep day: flake the salmon for this dish while it's still warm. Stir together the salmon-cake ingredients, form the cakes and store them in a single layer in the refrigerator.
- Serving suggestion: sandwich on a bun with burger fixings, or on top of lightly dressed spring greens.
Tips & Tricks
Did you make this dinner plan? Rate it and tell others how it worked.