This is a popular novelty dessert served from a flower pot.
Stick a flower into this dirt dessert in a flower pot to make it look more realistic. This would be a great baking project to do with your kids!
- 3 dozen chocolate cookies, cream-filled, broken up
- 2 packages (3.4 ounces each) vanilla instant pudding
- 1 carton (8 ounces) whipped topping
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, room temperature
- Process cookies in batches in food processor until cookies are fine crumbs, or place cookies in food storage bags and use a rolling pin to crush.
- Prepare pudding according to package directions; fold in whipped topping. Combine butter, sugar, and cream cheese in another mixing bowl; beat at medium speed until smooth. Fold into the pudding mixture.
- Trim top of the whipped topping container to fit the bottom of an 8-inch flower pot to block the hole in the bottom.
- Set aside 1 1/2 cups or the cookie crumbs and spoon about one-third of the remaining crumbs into the flowerpot. Spread about one-third of the pudding mixture over the crumb layer. Repeat layers twice, then top with the reserved crumbs, covering the pudding completely. Cover and chill for 4 hours.
- To make the dessert look realistic, put a flower in a florist's holder or wrap the stem in foil and insert in the pot before serving, or use an artificial flower or mint sprigs.
You Might Also Like
|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Total Fat||99 g|
|Saturated Fat||59 g|
|Unsaturated Fat||30 g|
|Dietary Fiber||24 g|