There are so many things I like about the Dirty Hornitini. First, the name is just plain fun, and then there is the mix of tequila and olive brine - which is very interesting and almost equal to gin, but not quite.
Basically, this is a twist on both the Tequini and the Dirty Martini and Hornitos Reposado is a great tequila choice. I would, however, suggest cutting the olive juice from that suggested in the recipe - too much olive can be too much. Also, while bitters can often be optional, here they are essential.
- 2 ounces tequila (Hornitos Reposado Tequila)
- 1 ounce dry vermouth
- 1 1/2 ounces olive juice
- Optional: Dash Angostura orange bitters
- 1 green olive
- Pour the ingredients into a cocktail shaker filled with ice.
- Stir well.
- Strain into a cocktail glass.
- Garnish with a single olive on a cocktail pick.
Recipe Courtesy: Hornitos Tequila
|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Total Fat||44 g|
|Saturated Fat||6 g|
|Unsaturated Fat||31 g|
|Dietary Fiber||3 g|