Homemade amaretto liqueur is made using four common kitchen ingredients, a little water and a vodka base. Within an hour, you can have your very own bottle of amaretto.
This is a great gift idea also, put it in a gift basket along with a few extras to create a selection of cocktails. Don't forget some almonds to munch on!
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 2 cups water
- 3 cups vodka
- 1/4 cup almond extract
- 1 1/2 tablespoons vanilla extract
- Bring the sugars and water to a boil in a saucepan until the sugar is dissolved.
- Remove from the heat and allow the mix to cool.
- Add the vodka and extracts, stirring until well mixed.
- Pour through a funnel into a bottle and seal.
|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Total Fat||1 g|
|Saturated Fat||0 g|
|Unsaturated Fat||1 g|
|Dietary Fiber||0 g|