I have always been a fan of ginger ale. It is one of my favorite soda waters. I can go through a case quickly, even when I'm not mixing it into drinks (examples below the recipe).
The exciting part about a carbonated water like ginger ale is that you can easily make it yourself and below are two recipes that will give you a fresh, made from scratch ginger ale.
- Muddle the mint leaves in a tall glass.
- Add ginger syrup and fill with soda.
- Stir well.
- Strain into a highball glass filled with ice or to top off your favorite ginger ale cocktail.
Another Ginger Ale Recipe
This recipe will fill a 2-liter bottle and will store refrigerated for about 2 weeks. As long as your bottle (cleaning and reusing a plastic bottle is perfect) has a tight seal it should stay nicely carbonated for that duration.
- 3 Tbsp fresh, finely grated ginger root
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/8 tsp active dry yeast
- 2 Tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 7 1/2 cups distilled or filtered water
- In a saucepan over medium heat, bring the ginger, sugar, and 1/2 cup of water to a slow boil, stirring constantly until sugar is dissolved.
- Remove the ginger syrup from the heat, cover, and allow to set for 1 hour.
- Strain the ginger from the syrup using a fine mesh strainer (repeat if necessary until all ginger is removed).
- Continue to allow the syrup to chill until it reaches room temperature. Speed this up by placing the container in an ice bath or the refrigerator.
- Place a clean funnel into a clean, plastic 2-liter bottle and pour in the syrup, yeast, lemon, and remaining water.
- Place the cap on the bottle and give it a good shake to mix the ingredients.
- Allow the ginger ale to rest at room temperature for 2 days. Check it for the desired carbonation and when that is reached chill it and serve.
Ginger Ale Cocktail Recipes
- Apple Pie Sparkler (non-alcoholic)
- Black Friday Cocktail
- Cardinal Punch (non-alcoholic)
- Champagne Punch
- Cinderella (non-alcoholic)
- Cinn Buck
- Gin Buck
- Green Ghoul
- Hail to the Chief
- Horse's Neck
- Irish Gold
- Jameson and Ginger
- Millenium Cocktail
- Plush Punch (non-alcoholic)
- Raspberry Mojito
- Red Apple and Bourbon Fizz
- Rock Star Root Beer
- Rosangel Margarita
- Sherbert Punch (non-alcoholic)
- Shirley Temple (non-alcoholic)
- Shiso Mojito
- Snow Ball
- Soho Cocktail
- Something Blue
- Summer Breeze
- Tamarind & Tequila
|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Total Fat||0 g|
|Saturated Fat||0 g|
|Unsaturated Fat||0 g|
|Dietary Fiber||2 g|