|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Amount per serving|
|% Daily Value*|
|Total Fat 8g||10%|
|Saturated Fat 6g||29%|
|Total Carbohydrate 53g||19%|
|Dietary Fiber 2g||8%|
|Total Sugars 49g|
|Vitamin C 29mg||144%|
|*The % Daily Value (DV) tells you how much a nutrient in a food serving contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.|
Dole Whip is a coveted frozen Disney World treat. It's basically a pineapple soft serve and is cool, refreshing, and full of tropical flavor. Luckily, it's also easy to make a version of this tasty dessert right at home in your blender. Dole Whip calls for only four ingredients and blends together in less than two minutes. It's the perfect chilled delight for kids and grownups alike on a hot day—or even a cold day when you're dreaming of summer weather. Make the Dole Whip as is or try out a fun variation or two, including some with alcohol.
1/2 cup pineapple juice, or orange juice
1/3 cup coconut milk
3 cups frozen pineapple
1 cup vanilla ice cream
Gather the ingredients.
Put all of the ingredients into a blender.
Blend on high until completely mixed, smooth, and creamy, adding a little more juice to help it blend, if necessary. It's typically very thick, so you will need to stop and scrape down the sides.
Spoon the mixture into glasses or ice cream cups and serve.
- If you have a delicious, fresh pineapple you can chop it up and freeze it to use in this recipe. Let it sit in the freezer for a couple of hours before adding it to the blender. Often, a fresh pineapple will have more flavor than the frozen or canned type.
- To achieve the look of an iconic swirled Disneyland Dole Whip, place the blended mixture in the freezer for about half an hour and then scoop it into a pastry bag with a star tip. Use a swirling motion to create the signature shape with the pointy top.
- You can use pineapple or orange juice in this recipe; both taste delicious, but the pineapple will obviously give a stronger pineapple flavor.
- Dole Whip Float: Scoop the Dole Whip into a glass of pineapple juice or pineapple soda.
- Dairy-Free Dole Whip: Omit the vanilla ice cream and add in a little more coconut milk. Use any coconut milk you like, whether from the can or from a carton. You can also use the "lite" variety to cut down on the fat.
- Boozy Dole Whip: Mix a shot of white rum or a shot of tequila into each serving, or blend in a 1/2 cup of either liquor into the whole recipe.
- Pina Colada Dole Whip: Add 1/2 cup of coconut rum for a delicious pina colada flavor.
- Dole Whip Margarita: Add in a 1/2 cup of tequila, 1/4 cup of triple sec, and 2 tablespoons of lime juice. Leave out the vanilla ice cream and blend away.