Donna Currie is a freelance food writer who specializes in product reviews and recipes. Her work has appeared on Serious Eats, Fine Cooking, and her own recipe blog, Cookistry.com. She's also the author of "Make Ahead Bread," a cookbook meant to simplify the bread-baking process.
- Donna wrote the cookbook, "Make Ahead Bread," and her articles have appeared on Serious Eats and Fine Cooking.
- Donna has her bachelor's degree from Roosevelt University.
- She has written for The Spruce since July 2016.
With a dad who was a machinist and a mom who loved to cook, Donna Currie was probably predestined to become enamored with kitchen gadgets. From garlic presses to food processors, she loved to tinker with them all, testing their pros and cons, and always looking for the best of the best. Her love of gadgets and cooking led to a recipe blog, Cookistry, and a cookbook, "Make Ahead Bread."
Donna has her bachelor's degree from Roosevelt University.
- Gadgets: Make 5-Minute Ice Pops With the Zoku Quick Pop Maker, Serious Eats
- Bread Baking: Yogurt and Honey Bread Recipe, Serious Eats
- Seeded Pull-Apart Rolls, Fine Cooking
The Spruce Eats Product Review Editorial Guidelines & Mission
About The Spruce Eats
The Spruce Eats, a Dotdash brand, is a food and drink website offering more than 15,000 tested recipes, 1,200 how-to videos, informative articles, trustworthy product recommendations, and the inspiration to help you make your best meal. Learn more about us and our editorial process.