Donna Currie is a freelance food writer who specializes in product reviews and recipes. Her work has appeared on Serious Eats, Fine Cooking, and her own recipe blog, Cookistry.com. She's also the author of Make Ahead Bread, a cookbook meant to simplify the bread-baking process.
- She wrote a cookbook, Make Ahead Bread, and her articles have appeared on Serious Eats and Fine Cooking
- Donna has her bachelor's degree from Roosevelt University
- She has written for The Spruce since July 2016
With a dad who was a machinist and a mom who loved to cook, Donna Currie was probably predestined to become enamored with kitchen gadgets. From garlic presses to food processors, she loved to tinker with them all, testing their pros and cons, and always looking for the best of the best even before she started writing about food. Her love of gadgets and cooking led to a recipe blog, Cookistry, and a cookbook, Make Ahead Bread.
Donna has her bachelor's degree from Roosevelt University.
- Gadgets: Make 5-Minute Ice Pops With the Zoku Quick Pop Maker, Serious Eats
- Bread Baking: Yogurt and Honey Bread Recipe, Serious Eats
- Seeded Pull-Apart Rolls, Fine Cooking
About The Spruce
The Spruce, a Dotdash brand, is a new kind of home website offering practical, real-life tips and inspiration to help you create your best home. The Spruce family of brands, including The Spruce, The Spruce Eats, The Spruce Pets, and The Spruce Crafts collectively reach 30 million people each month.
Dotdash is among the largest and fastest growing publishers online, and has won over 50 awards in the last year alone, including Digiday's 2020 Publisher of the Year. Dotdash brands include Verywell, Investopedia, The Balance, The Spruce, Simply Recipes, Serious Eats, Byrdie, Brides, MyDomaine, Lifewire, TripSavvy, Liquor.com, and TreeHugger.