I have to admit that I never planned this recipe out... I basically woke up, realized it was National Donut Day via instagram, sprinted to Dunkin Donuts to claim my free donut, went back to my place of work, and made this recipe all spur-of-the-moment like. To be honest though, this sort of delicacy is pretty perfect for any occasion! The combination of the light and airy donut against the sweet maple glaze, the smokey bacon and the buttery muenster cheese make this sandwich totally irresistible. Don't take my word though - follow the recipe below and try it yourself!
- 1 donut (Bacon and Maple Donut)
- 2 slices cheese (muenster)
- 1 tsp butter (salted)
- 2 slices bacon, cooked extra crispy
- So you can start this recipe from scratch by clicking the 'bacon and maple donut' link above or you can do as I did and go buy one of these donuts from Dunkin Donuts... which I'm pretty sure they have everywhere in America.
- Next, carefully cut your donut in half and flip it inside-out so that the exterior is now the interior. On one half, layer one slice of cheese cheese. then the extra bacon, the other slice cheese and top it with the remaining half of the donut - making sure that the original outside is now on the inside of the sandwich. Butter the exterior of the sandwich and set aside.
- Now you'll need find a pan and I recommend using a small nonstick egg frying pan. Place your sandwich in and turn the heat to medium.
- Allow the sandwich to cook for a few minutes until the crust starts to get golden brown and the cheese starts to melt. At this point, delicately flip the sandwich and repeat so that both sides are equally golden and all the cheese has melted and is starting to bubble.
- At this point, take the sandwich out of the pan and set aside for a a minute before eating.
|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Total Fat||54 g|
|Saturated Fat||31 g|
|Unsaturated Fat||17 g|
|Dietary Fiber||0 g|