Not only is this a great way to use up leftover barbecue, but this pizza is simply decadent. The crust is stuffed with meat and then topped with what else? Meat. A perfect treat for meat lovers.
- 2 lbs. pizza dough (pre-made dough balls, thawed but still cold)
- 1 bottle barbecue sauce (prepared, or you can make your own barbecue sauce)
- 2 cups/475 mL pulled pork
- 2 cups/475 mL Monterey jack cheese (shredded)
- 1 cup/240 mL barbecued brisket (chopped)
- 1/2 cup/120 mL sausage (smoked, chopped)
- 1/2 red onion (sliced into thin rings)
1. Preheat oven for 350 degrees F/175 degrees C. Roll out one of the dough balls to form a 14-inch pizza round. Transfer to pizza stone and place into the oven. Bake for 5-6 minutes until dough has firmed up a bit.
2. Meanwhile roll out the second dough ball. Remove crust from oven. Warm pulled pork (do not make it hot) combine with 1/2 cup barbecue sauce (you can add another 1/4 cup if the meat is too dry). Place onto semi-cooked pizza dough making sure to spread evenly. Add uncooked rolled dough on top. It will be bigger since the partially cooked dough will shrink a bit in the oven. Gently tuck excess dough underneath, pressing to seal edges. Place into oven for 5-6 minutes.
3. Remove from oven and coat top with 1 cup of barbecue sauce. Add chopped brisket, chopped sausage, sliced onion, and cheese. Brush olive oil on edges of crust and place pizza back into the oven for 20 minutes.
4. Once cooked through and crust takes on a golden brown color, remove from oven and let sit for a few minutes. Slice pizza, and serve.