Doug DuCap is a freelance writer and author with an expertise in fish and seafood.
- Cookbook author
- Freelance food writer
- Author of award-winning recipes
Doug DuCap is a former writer for The Spruce. He contributed articles and recipes featuring fish and seafood. He has practical experience in the food industry as a night manager and bartender.
Doug has been writing about how to choose, clean, prepare, and cook seafood for 10 years. He's the co-author of a popular cookbook and a contributor to another. He's a prize-winning recipe developer and cook, with a grand prize title from the Taste of the South recipe competition.
Doug DuCap earned a Bachelor of Arts degree in English language and literature at State College of New Jersey.
Awards and Publications
- Cook-off semifinalist at the Redwood Creek Campfire Classic
- Grand prize winner of the Taste of the South recipe competition
- Several recipes included in the "Rings of Tradition" brochure of the Vidalia Onion Committee
- "Knack Fish & Seafood Cookbook: Delicious Recipes for All Seasons" (co-author)
- "One Big Table: A Portrait of American Cooking" by Molly O'Neill (contributor)
About The Spruce Eats
The Spruce Eats, a Dotdash brand, is a food and drink website offering more than 15,000 tested recipes, 1,200 how-to videos, informative articles, trustworthy product recommendations, and the inspiration to help you make your best meal. Learn more about us and our editorial process.