An ice cold soda has gone hand in hand with barbecue for generations. This rich tomato-based barbecue sauce stars Dr. Pepper for a perfect accompaniment to all kinds of barbecue, particularly smoked ribs. Give this one a try next time you fire up the grill or smoker.
- 2 cups ketchup
- 1 1/2 cups Dr. Pepper
- 1/4 cup cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup brown sugar (packed)
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 teaspoons onion powder
- 2 teaspoons mild chili powder
- 1 teaspoon sweet paprika
- Optional: A few drops of liquid smoke
- salt to taste
- pepper to taste
- Combine all ingredients in medium saucepan.
- Simmer over medium-low heat for 10 to 12 minutes, stirring often.
- Remove sauce from heat and allow to cool for 15 minutes before using.
|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Total Fat||0 g|
|Saturated Fat||0 g|
|Unsaturated Fat||0 g|
|Dietary Fiber||1 g|