Try this intriguing marinade and basting sauce for meat, which begins with Dr. Pepper soda. It's great with steaks, beef brisket, chuck roast, and 7-bone roast.
- 1 cup Dr. Pepper soda (not diet)
- 1/4 cup dark soy sauce
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- 1 and 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon hot sauce
- Whisk together Dr. Pepper, soy sauce, lime juice, vegetable oil, and hot sauce.
- Place in a heavy-duty freezer zip-top bag. Pour into a bag, squeeze out the air, seal tight, and refrigerate 8 to 12 hours.
- Remove meat from reserving marinade. Boil marinade for at least 5 minutes.
- Grill or roast meat to desired tenderness, using cooled as a basting sauce.
|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Total Fat||112 g|
|Saturated Fat||8 g|
|Unsaturated Fat||80 g|
|Dietary Fiber||12 g|