|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Servings: 4 Servings|
|Amount per serving|
|% Daily Value*|
|Total Fat 33g||42%|
|Saturated Fat 15g||75%|
|Total Carbohydrate 66g||24%|
|Dietary Fiber 5g||17%|
|*The % Daily Value (DV) tells you how much a nutrient in a food serving contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.|
Dried beef is combined with mushrooms in an easy cheesy sauce. Pimientos provide color to the dish, but you may leave them out if you prefer. Add some shallots or green onions to the skillet along with the mushrooms, if you like.
Feel free to use 12 to 16 ounces of thinly sliced strips of tender beef or leftover sliced pot roast or shredded beef instead of dried beef.
- 4 ounces mushrooms (sliced)
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 1/2 cup Cheddar cheese (grated sharp)
- Optional: 1 small jar pimientos (chopped, approximately 2 ounces)
- 9 ounces dried beef
- 8 ounces noodles (cooked and drained)
- Salt (to taste)
- Black pepper (to taste)
- 1/2 cup bread crumbs (fine dry)
Gather the ingredients.
Preheat the oven to 350 F.
Melt the butter in a skillet or saute pan over medium heat.
Cook mushrooms in the butter for about 5 minutes, or until tender.
Blend the flour into the mushrooms and butter and continue cooking for 2 minutes. Gradually add milk and cook, stirring constantly, until thickened.
Add cheese; stir until cheese is melted, then add pimientos, dried beef and the cooked and drained noodles. Add salt and pepper to taste.
Transfer the noodle mixture to a lightly buttered baking pan or casserole; sprinkle with fine bread crumbs.
Bake in the preheated oven for 30 minutes.
Serve and enjoy!
- Use about 12 to 16 ounces of shredded or sliced leftover beef roast or pot roast or use browned ground beef.
- Replace the pimientos with roasted sweet red bell peppers.