The Bottom Line
This is an attractive grill designed by Weber, sold under the Ducane name through specialty stores and made in China. In the line of low priced complete stainless steel grills, this is a good unit. Built with good quality stainless steel and an efficient design this grill cooks well though I would say it was designed to look good before it was designed to grill. It does have a couple of good features and a whole host of extras.
With a full rotisserie, side burner and good controls, you get everything with this grill, but the sacrifice for the price is the thickness of the metal and the long term durability of the grill.
- Complete Stainless Steel Construction
- 24/7 Support provided by Weber
- Excellent Firebox Design
- Full Feature Rotisserie System
- Lightweight components limit durability
- High ventilation design gives limited indirect grilling
- Five 12,000 BTU stainless steel tubular burners
- 620 square inches of primary cooking space with a total area of 832 square inches
- 60,000 BTU maximum output from the main burners
- 12,000 BTU cart mounted side burner under a flush mounted cover
- 10,000 BTU rear mounted infrared rotisserie burner with full rotisserie kit included
- 5/16 inch diameter rod stainless steel cooking grates
- Push-and-Turn piezoelectric igniters on each knob
- Complete 304 stainless steel construction
- Cover included, propane tank sold separately
- Made in China by the Weber-Stephen Products Company
Guide Review - Ducane Meridian 32" 5-Burner
This model line has been discontinued by Ducane.
This is a full function gas grill that will do most anything you want. Made completely of 304 stainless steel this is one of the better all stainless steel gas grills on the market for under $2,000USD ($1,849USD MSRP).
If it is important for you to have a shiny gas grill then this is a unit to look at. If you are more serious about grilling I would suggest something else, but the choice is yours.
This Ducane comes standard with a covered side burner, full rotisserie kit with a rear mounted infrared burner, pull out drip pan, slide out propane tank rack and a thermometer in the hood. The five stainless steel burners put out 60,000 BTUs under 620 square inches of primary cooking space. It also looks very nice. This is an attractive unit and I am sure it will sell very well. Its greatest asset is the full 24/7 support and warranty provided by Weber. You shouldn't have any problems getting replacement parts for this unit, but make sure you've read the limited warranty.
The downfall of this grill is the lack of weight in the components. The burners are low gauge stainless steel. The body and hood are thin and the unit has loads of vents to let out heat so indirect grilling will be limited and the unit will not hold heat for long after the burners are off. Because of the light weight components, they may not last more than a few years before you need to replace them. The best component in the unit is the very heavy 5/16 inch rod stainless steel cooking grates.
These should last a long time and give good grilling marks to your food.