- 1 1/2 bottles of red wine (e.g., a Cabernet Sauvignon)
- 2 oranges
- 1 lemon
- About 15 cloves
- 4 cinnamon sticks
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- Decant the wine into a large, thick-bottomed soup pot.
- Spike the oranges and lemon with the cloves and add to the wine, along with the cinnamon sticks.
- Heat slowly over a very low heat for 3 hours. The liquid should not boil (this would make the alcohol evaporate).
- Add the sugar towards the end and make sure that it dissolves completely.
- Now remove the fruit and spices, and serve.
|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Total Fat||0 g|
|Saturated Fat||0 g|
|Unsaturated Fat||0 g|
|Dietary Fiber||2 g|
(The nutrition information on our recipes is calculated using an ingredient database and should be considered an estimate. Individual results may vary.)