Home Depot seems to always think that five burners are better than four or three, even. This model from Dyna-Glo is very similar to the four burner unit sitting right next to it, but with a side burner, and, of course, that extra internal burner. While this unit has a good heat output, it is larger than most people will need. On the other hand, it is also, only $30 USD more than that model, but I would only recommend this particular gas grill for those people who will actually use the side burner, which most won't. Other than that, this is typical of the $200 USD gas grill these days, lightweight, cheaply made, and with a limited lifespan.
Large gas grill with side burner
Good heat output for the size
Lightweight internal components
- Five 12,00 BTU stainless steel tubular burners
- 483 square inches of primary grilling area and 143 square inches of secondary grilling space for a total cooking area of 626 square inches
- 60,000 BTU maximum output from the main burners
- 12,000 BTU standard side burner under a flush mounted cover
- Electronic (AA-Battery) ignition
- Porcelain-coated cast iron cooking grates
- Stainless steel and enameled steel construction
- Cover and propane tank sold separately
- Available in propane and not convertible to natural gas
- Imported from China for GHP Group Inc. exclusively for Home Depot
Guide Review: Dyna-Glo 5-Burner Gas Grill Model# DGF510SBP-D
Home Depot ended its relationship with Char-Broil in 2014 and turned to Brinkmann to supply them with an endless array of cheap and basic gas grills. Then, in 2015, Brinkmann went bankrupt (which isn't a real loss to the industry) and Home Depot was left with a big hole on their showroom floor. This hole is now being filled by the GHP Group, an importer of Chinese products for the US market.
This brings us to this gas grill. Simple in construction and weighing it at only 75 pounds, this is a lightweight and inexpensive gas grill that would benefit from being smaller, losing the side burner, and being made with better components. Ultimately, this is here simply because it is large and that is a major selling point for people who do only a little research and simply want something impressive for the patio, but are not looking for quality or great grilling characteristics.
If I were looking that this grill I would be inclined to save the $30 USD difference and purchase the Dyna-Glo 4-Burner Gas Grill Model# DGF493BNP-D which is a little smaller, doesn't have the side burner, but will do most everything this model does for less money. The extra burner of this model and the increase in cooking space isn't really worth even the small price difference.