The Dyna-Glow 6 burner gas grill has a simple construction and weighs only 91 pounds. It is a lightweight and inexpensive gas grill that would benefit from a smaller size, removing the side burner, and being made with better components. This gas grill is over five feet wide, providing a big grill at a low price point and relatively lightweight compared to comparably sized grills. The six burner grill seems excessive and while large, the grill is not made to withstand high volume use.
Based on its size and low cost, these features may be a selling point for a person looking only at superficial details and not grill capabilities. While the size of the grill may impress others, it's wiser to spend more for a much smaller, higher quality, and better-built gas grill.
Dyna-Glow Gas Grill Pros and Cons
When considering purchasing a grill, it can be helpful to list out the pros and cons of the grill and review all of its features. The Dyna-Glow brand of grills is only sold at Home Depot, which may impact your decision making. Since Home Depot has a showroom of grills, it can be helpful to visit your local store and see this grill (and others) in person prior to making a final purchase.
- Large gas grill with side burner
- Good heat output for the size
- Lightweight grill
- Lightweight internal components
- Too large for most people's needs
Detailed Product Description
- Six 11,000 BTU stainless steel tubular burners
- 600 square inches of primary grilling area and 242 square inches of secondary grilling space for a total cooking area of 842 square inches
- 66,000 BTU maximum output from the main burners
- 12,000 BTU standard side burner under a flush mounted cover
- Total weight of 91 pounds
- Electronic (AA-Battery) ignition
- Porcelain-coated cast iron cooking grates
- Stainless steel and enameled steel construction
- A bottle opener mounted on the side table
- Cover and propane tank sold separately
- Available in propane and not convertible to natural gas
- Imported from China for GHP Group Inc. exclusively for Home Depot
As always, when considering a gas grill in this price range, it's wise to consider a charcoal grill, which can easily be found at a similar price point. You can get a great charcoal grill for less money and it will last for much longer. However, with a charcoal grill, you will lose the convenience that comes with a gas grill and will need to be prepared for the extra time and effort required with a charcoal grill. If you are set on a gas grill at a low price point, it may be better to research some other options and be mindful of offseason grill sales at local retailers. That way you can find the type of grill you are looking for at a price point that suits your budget.