When I first saw this recipe I knew it had to be good, just reading through the list of ingredients you can't help but be intrigued.
The Bombay Sapphire infusion of apples and pears are echoed in the cider and brandy, then there is absinthe and ginger beer for contrasting but complimentary flavors, and on top of all that the unique addition of Fee Brother Aztec Chocolate bitters.
This is certainly not a boring cocktail. It shows off some of the trendy flavors and techniques that are hot and is a great example of the modern mixology at its finest. Adam Schuman of New York's Fatty Crab did a great job creating here.
- 1 1/2 ounces gin (Bombay Sapphire infused with dried pear and apples)
- 1/2 ounce absinthe (Lucid)
- 1 ounce apple cider (local)
- 1/2 ounce pear brandy (Adam recommends: Massenez Williams Poire Brandy)
- 1/2 ounce lemon juice (fresh)
- 2 dashes Fee Brothers Aztec Chocolate bitters
- 2 ounces ginger beer (or as desired)
- Garnish: cinnamon stick
- Garnish: lemon peel