Easter bunny cookies are one treat that everyone will love to see in their Easter basket! These easy white chocolate-covered cookies are made even more adorable with the addition of marshmallow ears and a shiny pink candy nose. Make these for some"bunny" you love this spring!
- 12 large marshmallows
- 1/2 cup pink sparkling sugar (more or less)
- 16 ounces white candy coating
- 24 Milano cookies (or similarly shaped cookies)
- 48 candy eyeballs (see Note below)
- 24 pink Sixlets (or similar candy)
- 1/4 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
Gather the ingredients.
First, make the marshmallow ears. Use kitchen shears to snip each marshmallow into 4 pieces. The pressure from the scissors will naturally make an ear shape that tapers at the top, but if you want you can pinch the top edges to exaggerate the bunny ear shape.
Pour the pink sanding sugar into a small bowl. Press the top of each ear into the bowl, to coat the sticky middle part with pink sugar.
Line a baking sheet with waxed paper or parchment paper, and set aside for now.
Place 16 ounces white candy coating in a medium microwave-safe bowl. Microwave in 30-second increments, stirring after every 30 seconds to prevent overheating, until the coating is melted and smooth.
Using forks or dipping tools, dip a cookie in the coating until it's covered completely. Remove it from the coating and let the excess drip back into the bowl, then place it onto a baking sheet lined with parchment or waxed paper.
After you have dipped 3 to 4 cookies, pause and decorate them before the coating on the cookies hardens. Take two marshmallow ears and press them into the top of each cookie. Add a pink Sixlet nose in the middle of each cookie, and add 2 candy eyeballs above it.
Repeat the dipping and decorating process until all of the cookies have ears, eyes, and noses.
Melt the semi-sweet chocolate in a small bowl in the microwave. Pour the melted chocolate into a paper cone or a small plastic bag with a hole snipped in the corner. Pipe bunny whiskers and a smile onto each bunny's face.
Refrigerate the tray briefly to set the coating, for about 15 to 20 minutes. Once set, the cookies can be served immediately.
- If you don't have candy eyeballs, you can just dab a bit of the melted semi-sweet chocolate onto their faces to give the bunnies eyes.
- The cookies keep well, but the marshmallow decorations do tend to get stale after being exposed to air for several days. If you do want to store them, keep them in an airtight container at cool room temperature.