Easy smeezy apple muffins are made with a cake mix to help you save time, and fresh ingredients to help you enhance the flavor.
This recipe uses apple pie filling, but you could add any pie filling you desire.
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup sour cream
- 21 ounce can apple pie filling
- 18 ounces cake mix (yellow, white, lemon, or spice cake mix)
- Optional: freshly ground cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350 F. Grease or paper-line 18* muffin cups.
- Combine eggs, sour cream, and apple pie filling. Add cake mix, but don't over mix.
- Place batter in muffin cups. Sprinkle tops with optional cinnamon.
- Bake for 25 to 30 minutes. Cool in pan for 10 minutes before removing.
- Serve warm with real butter.
- Flavor variations are only limited by your imagination and what's in the grocery store.
- We made 12 large muffins and one small loaf pan. It all baked at the same time.
- Be sure that there is at least one apple slice in every cup.
- Final note: As there is no added fat, the muffins are a bit sticky, but they still taste wonderful.
You Might Also Like
|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Total Fat||4 g|
|Saturated Fat||2 g|
|Unsaturated Fat||1 g|
|Dietary Fiber||2 g|