These boneless country-style ribs are baked to perfection with a spicy rub and your favorite barbecue sauce. It's an easy, convenient meal that is a great choice for any night of the week. Just pair it with a classic cole slaw, potato salad, baked beans, and cornbread, for a hearty meal your family will enjoy!
If you use bone-in country-style ribs, allow about 1/2 to 3/4 pound per person.
- Heat the oven to 325 F.
- Dry the country-style ribs with paper towels to dry.
- Combine the Cajun seasoning blend with the garlic powder and onion powder. Rub the seasoning mixture over all sides of the ribs. Note: If your Cajun seasoning is salt-ree, sprinkle the ribs lightly with kosher salt as well.
- Line a shallow baking pan with foil; coat the foil with oil or spray with nonstick cooking spray.
- Arrange the ribs in the prepared baking pan and then top with onion slices.
- Cover with another piece of foil and bake in the preheated oven for 1 hour and 15 minutes, or until the ribs are very tender.
- Remove the top piece of foil and brush the ribs with barbecue sauce.
- Bake uncovered for about 15 minutes longer, or broil for about 2 to 3 minutes.
Quick Cajun Seasoning: Blend 1 tablespoon of salt with 1 1/2 teaspoons of paprika, 1 teaspoon dried leaf oregano, 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper (or less), 1 teaspoon black pepper, and 1/2 teaspoon dried leaf thyme.
- You can replace the Cajun seasoning with smoked paprika.
- Or, you can sweeten your favorite barbecue sauce with a tablespoon of brown sugar.
|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Total Fat||23 g|
|Saturated Fat||8 g|
|Unsaturated Fat||10 g|
|Dietary Fiber||1 g|