- 2 lbs. (1 kilo) Nile Perch
- 1/2 cup lemon juice
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- Dash salt
- Dash freshly ground black pepper
- Optional: dash garlic powder (or parve chicken soup powder)
1. Soak fish in lemon juice for 30 minutes. Drain.
2. Spray a shallow glass baking dish with non-stick spray. Place the fish in the pan, skin-side down.
3. Generously spread mayonnaise on the fish. Sprinkle salt and pepper over the fish according to taste. If desired, sprinkle some garlic or soup powder on the fish too. Cover with foil and refrigerate for 2 hours.
4. Preheat oven to 400°F (200°C).
5. Bake the fish, covered, for 30 minutes.
Uncover, and bake (or broil) for another 10 minutes, or until browned on top. The fish is done if it flakes (breaks apart) easily when a fork is inserted into the thickest part of its flesh.
Serving Suggestion: Serve the fish with creamy coleslaw or lettuce salad.
Note: Fish bought fresh from a fish store is generally much better than fish from the grocery store frozen section.