- 2 lbs. (1 kilo) Nile Perch
- 1/2 cup lemon juice
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- Dash salt
- Dash freshly ground black pepper
- Optional: dash garlic powder (or parve chicken soup powder)
- Soak fish in lemon juice for 30 minutes.
- Spray a shallow glass baking dish with non-stick spray.
- Place the fish in the pan, skin-side down.
- Generously spread mayonnaise on the fish.
- Sprinkle salt and pepper over the fish according to taste.
- If desired, sprinkle some garlic or soup powder on the fish too.
- Cover with foil and refrigerate for 2 hours.
- Preheat oven to 400°F (200°C).
- Bake the fish, covered, for 30 minutes.
- Uncover, and bake (or broil) for another 10 minutes, or until browned on top. The fish is done if it flakes (breaks apart) easily when a fork is inserted into the thickest part of its flesh.
Serving Suggestion: Serve the fish with creamy coleslaw or lettuce salad.
Note: Fish bought fresh from a fish store is generally much better than fish from the grocery store frozen section.