These baked spareribs are flavored with a tasty homemade sauce.
The easy ketchup based sauce includes paprika and chili powder, Worcestershire sauce, vinegar, and seasonings, and no added sugar. If you like a spicier sauce, try this spicy sauce with molasses or this bourbon sauce.
For grilled flavor, transfer the baked ribs to the grill for the last 15 minutes.
Oven Barbecued Pork Spareribs
- 4 pounds pork spareribs
- 2 medium onions, sliced
- 2 teaspoons vinegar
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon Hungarian paprika
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon ground cayenne pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 3/4 cup ketchup
- 3/4 cup water
- Heat the oven to 350 F
- Remove the silver skin from the back of the ribs. Use a towel or paper towel to grasp an end of the silver skin and pull it off.
- Cut the racks into serving-size portions. Sprinkle the spareribs with salt and pepper.
- Place the ribs in a foil-lined roasting pan and cover with the onions.
- Combine remaining ingredients; pour over the ribs.
- Cover the pan tightly with foil and bake in the preheated oven for about 1 1/2 hours. Baste occasionally and turn spareribs a few times.
- Remove the foil and continue baking for about 15 minutes to brown the spareribs.
- For a sweeter sauce, add a tablespoon or two of brown sugar or molasses.
- For grilled spareribs, remove the foil and transfer the ribs to the a hot gas or charcoal grill. Cook for about 15 minutes longer, or until well browned.
|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Total Fat||41 g|
|Saturated Fat||14 g|
|Unsaturated Fat||18 g|
|Dietary Fiber||1 g|