- 16 ounces ziti pasta
- 1 large egg
- 15 ounces ricotta cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh basil (optional)
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- 4-1/2 cups spaghetti sauce (homemade or from a jar)
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Prepare pasta according to package directions for "al dente." Drain.
- In a large bowl, beat egg. Add ricotta cheese garlic powder, basil and 1 cup of the mozzarella. Mix well.
- Add cooked pasta and 2 cups of the spaghetti sauce.
- Pour 1 cup of the spaghetti sauce in a 9 x 13 pan.
- Top with the ziti mixture. Top with the remaining sauce. Sprinkle remaining mozzarella and Parmesan cheese over the sauce.
- Cover with foil, and bake 20 minutes. Remove foil and bake another 10-20 minutes until golden brown and bubbly.
- Let the pasta rest 10 minutes before serving.
|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Total Fat||15 g|
|Saturated Fat||8 g|
|Unsaturated Fat||4 g|
|Dietary Fiber||4 g|
(The nutrition information on our recipes is calculated using an ingredient database and should be considered an estimate. Individual results may vary.)