This banana bread is made with a biscuit baking mix (Bisquick). The recipe takes two mashed ripe bananas and makes one standard loaf. It's a very easy recipe and using Bisquick baking mix means fewer ingredients.
- 1 1/3 cups mashed very ripe bananas (about 2 large bananas)
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup milk
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 3 eggs, slightly beaten
- 2 2/3 cups Original Bisquick biscuit baking mix
- 1/2 cup chopped nuts
Gather the ingredients.
Heat oven to 350 F. Grease the bottom only of a 9x5x3 inch loaf pan
In a large mixing bowl, combine all ingredients except Bisquick and nuts; stir until blended. Stir in Bisquick and nuts. Turn the batter into the prepared loaf pan.
Bake banana nut bread for 50 to 60 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the loaf comes out clean.
Cool on a rack for 10 minutes. Loosen sides of loaf from pan with a knife or narrow spatula and remove to a wire rack to cool completely.
Adapted from a Betty Crocker recipe.
- Add some chocolate chips, raisins, or more nuts to this easy banana bread.
- High Altitude (3500 to 6500 feet): Heat oven to 375 F. Use 1/2 cup of sugar and 1/3 cup of milk. Omit oil. Bake banana nut bread for 55 to 60 min.