By adding a mashed banana to a simple pancake recipe, you have a flavorful breakfast. This is also a great way to sneak fruit into a recipe.
- 1 cup flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg
- 1 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1 ripe banana (mashed)
- In a large bowl, combine dry ingredients with wire whisk.
- In a small bowl, with an electric mixer, combine eggs, milk, and oil.
- Slowly add wet ingredients and mashed banana to dry ingredients. Mix by hand only until large lumps are gone.
- Heat griddle or frying pan. Grease pan lightly. Using a 1/4 cup measuring cup to form each pancake in the pan. Bake until bubbles appear and edges are brown.
- Flip pancakes and cook for a minute or so longer. Serve with homemade banana syrup.
|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Total Fat||5 g|
|Saturated Fat||2 g|
|Unsaturated Fat||2 g|
|Dietary Fiber||1 g|