This high-heat method for a roast beef is fuss-free and yields a perfectly roasted beef every time. The roast will have to stay in the oven for at least 2 hours and it should be out of the refrigerator for about 45 minutes to 1 hour before roasting, so plan accordingly.
- 1 boneless round tip roast, about 4 to 5 pounds, room temperature
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt or garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- Remove the beef roast from the refrigerator and let it stand for about 45 minutes.
- Heat the oven to 500 F.
- Line a baking pan with foil and place a rack in the pan.
- Cut slashes in the fat of the beef in a diamond pattern.
- Combine the all-purpose flour, kosher salt, garlic salt, and pepper. Rub the round tip roast all over with the seasoned flour mixture.
- Put the roast on the rack in the prepared baking pan. Place the roast in the oven and then reduce oven temperature to 475 F. Roast the beef for 30 to 35minutes, or about 7 minutes per pound.
- Turn the heat off and leave the roast in the oven for 2 1/2 hours. Do not open the oven until the time is up and you're ready to carve the roast and serve it. Tent the roast with foil and let it rest for about 10 minutes.
- The roast will be medium rare.
|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Total Fat||20 g|
|Saturated Fat||7 g|
|Unsaturated Fat||9 g|
|Dietary Fiber||1 g|