- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 tablespoons butter, divided
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 8-ounce package button mushrooms, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon dried marjoram leaves
- 1/2 cup chicken livers, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons beef broth
- 8 (3-ounce) filet mignons
- 1 (17-ounce) package (two sheets) frozen puff pastry, thawed
- 1 egg, beaten
- Preheat oven to 400 F. In a large skillet, heat olive oil and 2 tablespoons butter over medium heat. Add onion and mushrooms; sprinkle with salt and pepper. Cook and stir over medium heat until mixture is browned and moisture evaporates about 8-12 minutes.
- Add marjoram, chicken livers, and garlic; cook and stir for 4-5 minutes longer. Add beef broth; cook and stir for 3-4 minutes until liquid evaporates; remove from heat.
- In a nonstick skillet, melt another 2 tablespoons butter over medium heat. Sear the filet mignons on all sides, leaving the centers medium rare; remove from heat as they cook.
- Roll out puff pastry on a lightly floured surface to 13" squares. Cut each into four 4-1/2" squares. Divide mushroom mixture over squares and top each with a filet mignon. Brush edges with egg wash, then bring the edges together and seal.
- Place seam side down on cookie sheet and brush with more beaten egg. Bake for 15-25 minutes or until pastries are golden brown. Let cool on wire racks for 10 minutes, then serve.
|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Total Fat||44 g|
|Saturated Fat||12 g|
|Unsaturated Fat||14 g|
|Dietary Fiber||2 g|
(The nutrition information on our recipes is calculated using an ingredient database and should be considered an estimate. Individual results may vary.)