This broccoli slaw is relatively light and full of flavor.
Serve this with any meal, any time of the year. This is delicious with regular raisins, but feel free to use dried cranberries or golden raisins.
- 1 package (12 ounces) broccoli slaw
- 3 to 4 tablespoons finely chopped red onion, optional
- 1/2 cup raisins or dried cranberries
- 1/2 cup sunflower seeds, optional
- 2 tablespoons cooked crumbled bacon, optional
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon white vinegar
- 1/4 cup light mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon light sour cream
- 2 tablespoons sugar, or to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon celery seeds
- Salt and pepper, to taste
1. Combine the broccoli slaw mixture with the onion, raisins or cranberries, and sunflower seeds and bacon, if using.
2. In another bowl combine the lemon juice, vinegar, mayonnaise, sour cream, sugar, and celery seeds.
3. Stir the dressing into the broccoli slaw mixture until well combined. Refrigerate until serving time.
4. For best flavor, make the broccoli slaw a few hours before you plan to serve it.
Cover and refrigerate until serving time.
See Also Crunchy Broccoli Salad
|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Total Fat||15 g|
|Saturated Fat||2 g|
|Unsaturated Fat||3 g|
|Dietary Fiber||3 g|