These easy vanilla-flavored walnut bars are made with brown sugar chopped walnuts.
- 4 tablespoons butter (melted)
- 3/4 cup (3 1/2 ounces) flour (all-purpose )
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/8 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 large egg
- 1 cup light brown sugar (firmly packed)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup walnuts (chopped)
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- Grease and flour an 8-inch square baking pan.
- Melt the butter; set aside to cool.
- Whisk the flour with salt, baking soda, and baking powder.
- In a mixing bowl with electric mixer, beat egg until foamy. Add brown sugar, melted butter, and vanilla; beat well.
- Stir in flour mixture, then walnuts.
- With a spatula, spread batter into the prepared pan.
- Bake in the preheated oven for about 23 to 28 minutes, or until top has formed a crust.
- Cut into 2-inch bars; cool in pan. Makes about 16 walnut bars.
You Might Also Like
|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Total Fat||10 g|
|Saturated Fat||3 g|
|Unsaturated Fat||2 g|
|Dietary Fiber||1 g|