|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Servings: 1 Casserole (6 Servings)|
|Amount per serving|
|% Daily Value*|
|Total Fat 39g||51%|
|Saturated Fat 17g||83%|
|Total Carbohydrate 85g||31%|
|Dietary Fiber 18g||65%|
|*The % Daily Value (DV) tells you how much a nutrient in a food serving contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.|
This burrito casserole is made with all the great flavors of a beef and cheese burrito. The ground beef combination includes burrito seasoning, refried beans, cheddar cheese, and tortillas. Use part chorizo sausage in this dish, or make it with all ground beef. Serve this easy, flavorful casserole with rice, salsa, and a dollop of sour cream or guacamole. It's a dish your family will ask for again and again!
- 6 medium flour tortillas (soft taco size)
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1/2 pound chorizo sausage (casings removed, or more ground beef)
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 2 to 3 tablespoons chopped jalapeño peppers (optional)
- 1 packet (1 ounce) burrito seasoning*
- 1 can (approx. 15 ounces) refried beans
- 2 large tomatoes (diced)
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced green onions
- Optional: 2 tablespoons chopped cilantro
- 6 ounces shredded mild Cheddar cheese or blend of Cheddar and Monterey Jack cheeses
Lightly grease a 2 1/2 to 3-quart baking dish. Heat oven to 350 F (180 C/Gas 4).
Slice the tortillas into strips about 1 1/2 to 2 inches wide. Arrange half of the strips in the bottom of the baking dish. Set the remaining strips aside.
In a large skillet, brown the ground beef, chorizo, and onion, stirring, until beef and sausage are no longer pink. Add the jalapeño peppers and burrito seasoning and stir to blend. Stir in the refried beans and continue cooking, stirring, until hot and bubbly.
Spoon the hot filling mixture evenly over the tortilla layer. Sprinkle with the diced tomatoes, green onions, and cilantro. Top with the remaining tortilla strips then sprinkle with the cheese.
Bake for about 10 to 15 minutes, or until the cheese has melted and the casserole is bubbly.
- Substitute taco seasoning for burrito seasoning or use the homemade quick burrito seasoning mix mix below.
- Combine 1 tablespoon of chili powder with 1 1/2 teaspoons of cumin, 2 teaspoons of paprika, 1 teaspoon of onion powder, and 1 teaspoon of minced dried onion.
You Might Also Like