This is a simple tea cake recipe with butter, eggs, and other ingredients. Flatten the cookies with a glass dipped in sugar or vanilla sugar if you wish.
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 1 cup butter, room temperature
- 2 eggs
- 2 3/4 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 teaspoons cream of tartar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Heat the oven to 350 F. Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper or a silicone baking mat or grease lightly.
- Combine the sugar and butter in a mixer bowl, beating until light and fluffy. Add the eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition. In another bowl, combine flour, baking soda, cream of tartar, and salt; add to creamed mixture and mix well.
- Shape cookie dough into small balls. Arrange on the prepared cookie sheet. Press flat with the flat bottom of a glass. Optional: dip the glass in sugar before flattening each cookie.
- Bake at 350 F for 10 minutes.
You Might Also Like
|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Total Fat||6 g|
|Saturated Fat||3 g|
|Unsaturated Fat||2 g|
|Dietary Fiber||0 g|