- 1 egg
- 1 1/2 tablespoons shortening (1 tablespoon plus 1 1/2 teaspoons)
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup cornmeal
- 1 cup buttermilk
- Preheat oven to 400 F (200 C) and place greased corn stick pans in the oven to heat while making the batter.
- Beat the egg, sugar and shortening together. Sift flour and cornmeal together with salt and baking powder, then gradually add to other mixture, alternating with the buttermilk.
- Pour into the hot corn stick pans and bake for 20 minutes. Makes about 12 corn sticks.
Other Cornbread Recipe Favorites
If you just can't get enough cornbread, here are more favorites.
From sweet to savory, you'll love these delicious cornbread recipes:
|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Total Fat||4 g|
|Saturated Fat||1 g|
|Unsaturated Fat||2 g|
|Dietary Fiber||1 g|