These easy, oh-so-cheesy vegetables are made in the slow cooker, with broccoli and cauliflower or any vegetable blend you desire, onion, cream soup, cheese, and chopped pimientos. This can be made with frozen vegetables as easily as with fresh—to thaw veggies quickly, simply place in a colander and run water over them.
- 4 cups frozen vegetable blend (i.e. broccoli/cauliflower), thawed
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 can (10 3/4 ounces) condensed cream of mushroom soup, regular or low fat
- 1 jar (2 ounces) chopped pimientos, drained
- 2 cups shredded American cheese (Velveeta or similar cheese)
- Pepper, to taste
- Spray slow cooker with cooking spray.
- Combine vegetables, soup, pimiento, onion, and cheese in slow cooker.
- Cover and cook on LOW for 4 to 6 hours.
- Stir in a little freshly ground black pepper or seasoned pepper, to taste. Stir well before serving.
Check out more slow cooker vegetable recipes and cooking basics.
More Slow Cooker Sides
|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Total Fat||7 g|
|Saturated Fat||5 g|
|Unsaturated Fat||2 g|
|Dietary Fiber||3 g|