|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Servings: Serves 6|
|Amount per serving|
|% Daily Value*|
|Total Fat 30g||39%|
|Saturated Fat 15g||77%|
|Total Carbohydrate 94g||34%|
|Dietary Fiber 4g||15%|
|*The % Daily Value (DV) tells you how much a nutrient in a food serving contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.|
This cherry dessert is easy to prepare with a simple graham cracker crust and cherry pie filling spooned over the sour cream batter.
- 1 cup graham cracker crumbs
- 1 cup flour
- 1/4 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1 large egg
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 1/4 cups granulated sugar
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 can (20 ounces) cherry pie filling
- Gather the ingredients.
- Butter a 9-inch square baking pan or spray with baking spray. Heat oven to 325 F.
- In a bowl combine the graham cracker crumbs, flour, 1/4 cup brown sugar, 1 teaspoon cinnamon, and the butter. Mix until well blended. Press about 1/2 of the crumb mixture into the prepared baking pan.
- In another bowl, whisk the egg with the sour cream, granulated sugar, cornstarch, and 1 1/2 teaspoons cinnamon. Pour over the bottom crust. Spoon the cherry pie filling evenly over the sour cream layer.
- Sprinkle the remaining crumbs evenly over the cherry layer.
- Bake for 55 to 60 minutes, until a knife or cake tester comes out clean when inserted in the center.
- Serve warm or cooled. Cover leftovers and store in the refrigerator.