This chicken curry recipe is a great way to expand kids' palates. Quick and easy, this chicken curry recipe takes less than 30 minutes to prepare. Serve this chicken curry with hot cooked rice.
Recipe courtesy of "Dinnertime! A special issue of Disney FamilyFun." Reprinted with permission.
- 1-1/2 tablespoons. vegetable oil
- 1 medium onion, thinly-sliced
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoon curry powder
- 1 (12- to 14-oz.) can unsweetened coconut milk
- 1 cup canned diced tomatoes
- 2 tablespoon tomato paste
- 1 pound. boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 3 packed cups fresh baby spinach
- In a large skillet over medium heat, warm the oil. Add the onion and salt. Cook, stirring often, until the onion is soft, about 7 minutes. Add the curry powder. Continue cooking and stirring 1 minute longer.
- Add the coconut milk, tomatoes and tomato paste. Cook the mixture, stirring occasionally, until the sauce thickens slightly, about 5 minutes.
- Add the chicken cubes. Cook and stir, 5-6 minutes. Add the spinach and continue cooking, stirring occasionally, until wilted, about 3 minutes. Taste, and adjust seasonings.
Serve chicken curry over hot cooked rice.
|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Total Fat||89 g|
|Saturated Fat||51 g|
|Unsaturated Fat||22 g|
|Dietary Fiber||12 g|