|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Servings: 2 servings|
|Amount per serving|
|% Daily Value*|
|Total Fat 89g||114%|
|Saturated Fat 51g||256%|
|Total Carbohydrate 33g||12%|
|Dietary Fiber 12g||44%|
|*The % Daily Value (DV) tells you how much a nutrient in a food serving contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.|
Recipe courtesy of "Dinnertime! A special issue of Disney FamilyFun." Reprinted with permission.
- 1-1/2 tablespoons. vegetable oil
- 1 medium onion, thinly sliced
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoon curry powder
- 1 (12- to 14-oz.) can unsweetened coconut milk
- 1 cup canned diced tomatoes
- 2 tablespoon tomato paste
- 1 pound. boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 3 packed cups fresh baby spinach
In a large skillet over medium heat, warm the oil. Add the onion and salt. Cook, stirring often, until the onion is soft, about 7 minutes. Add the curry powder. Continue cooking and stirring 1 minute longer.
Add the coconut milk, tomatoes and tomato paste. Cook the mixture, stirring occasionally, until the sauce thickens slightly, about 5 minutes.
Add the chicken cubes. Cook and stir, 5-6 minutes. Add the spinach and continue cooking, stirring occasionally, until wilted, about 3 minutes. Taste, and adjust seasonings.
Serve chicken curry over hot cooked rice.