This chicken Niçoise salad recipe provides a delicious way to cool the kitchen in the summer heat. It's an early summer-inspired twist on the classic Salade Niçoise, that's effortlessly elegant and well-suited to a luncheon menu.
The classic Niçoise includes fresh tuna which is not always easy to find, and sometimes it is simply good to ring the changes, so the grilled boneless chicken makes a delicious, healthy and less expensive alternative.
- 2 grilled boneless, skinless chicken breasts, sliced
- 2 small red potatoes
- 5 ounces green beans, cut into 2-inch pieces
- 8 romaine lettuce leaves
- 8 spears baby asparagus, roasted
- 2 small plum tomatoes, quartered
- 1/2 cup cucumber slices
- 2 hard-boiled eggs, quartered
- 8 black olives
- 2 tablespoons crumbled, browned bacon
- 1/4 cup lemon Mustard Vinaigrette
- Fill a large skillet with water.
- Bring the water in skillet to a boil and add potatoes and green beans cover with a lid.
- After 4 minutes, remove the green beans with a slotted spoon and rinse immediately in cold water; set aside.
- Allow the potatoes to cook for an additional 6 minutes.
- Remove potatoes from hot water and allow to cool on a plate; slice when room temperature.
- Place 4 lettuce leaves on each chilled plate.
- Evenly dividing ingredients, arrange the sliced chicken, potatoes, green beans, roasted asparagus, tomatoes, cucumber slices, eggs, olives, and crumbled bacon on the beds of lettuce.
- Drizzle the salad with vinaigrette, or place it on the side, and serve.
|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Total Fat||82 g|
|Saturated Fat||23 g|
|Unsaturated Fat||33 g|
|Dietary Fiber||21 g|