This chocolate pudding cake recipe is super moist and easy to make. Just mix a few ingredients, spread in the pan, and pour on the boiling water. Simple and delicious!
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup plus 3 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder, divided
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil (neutral flavor, such as canola or corn oil)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1 3/4 cups boiling water
- Heat oven to 350 F / 180 C. Butter a 9-inch square baking pan.
- In a mixing bowl, stir together flour, granulated sugar, 3 tablespoons of the cocoa, baking powder and salt. With a fork, mix in milk, oil, and vanilla.
- Spread the batter evenly in the prepared baking pan.
- Combine brown sugar and the remaining 1/4 cup cocoa; sprinkle over the batter.
- Slowly pour boiling hot water over the batter and brown sugar-cocoa mixture.
- Bake for 40 minutes. Remove to a rack and let stand for 5 minutes.
- Spoon into dessert dishes or cut into squares. Serve with ice cream or whipped topping.
|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Total Fat||6 g|
|Saturated Fat||1 g|
|Unsaturated Fat||3 g|
|Dietary Fiber||1 g|