A chocolate or fudge cake mix makes the base for the cookies and cream cheese layers.
These easy bars will be popular with the kids! For polka-dot cream cheese squares, sprinkle with mini chocolate chips, graham cracker crumbs, or toffee chips instead of cookie crumbs.
Easy Chess Squares
- 1 fudge or chocolate cake mix
- 4 large eggs, divided
- 1 stick (4 ounces) butter, melted
- 1 (8 oz.) package cream cheese, room temperature
- 2 3/4 cups confectioners sugar
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 8 to 12 chocolate cream-filled sandwich cookies, coarsely crumbled
- Heat the oven to 325 F (165 C/Gas 3). Grease and flour a 13-by-9-by-2-inch baking pan.
- In a bowl, combine the cake mix with 1 egg and the melted butter. Mix until well blended. Press into the prepared baking pan.
- In a mixing bowl with an electric mixer, beat the confectioners' sugar with the cream cheese, vanilla. and the 3 remaining eggs until smooth.
- Pour about 2/3 of the topping mixture onto the cake mixture; sprinkle with crumbled cookies then pour remaining mixture evenly over crumbs.
- Bake in the preheated oven for about 50 to 60 minutes, or until topping is lightly browned.
- Cool thoroughly and cut into bars. Keep refrigerated.
Tips and Variations
- Replace the cookie crumbs with about 1 cup of mini semisweet chocolate chips.
You Might Also Like
|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Total Fat||27 g|
|Saturated Fat||16 g|
|Unsaturated Fat||8 g|
|Dietary Fiber||5 g|