Use fresh cooked or frozen thawed corn in this recipe. It's fabulous with grilled or roasted corn cut from the cobs.
This salsa is versatile and can be made to suit your tastes. Add diced plum tomatoes or green bell pepper to the salsa or use mild chile peppers instead of the jalapeno peppers. Or add about 1 cup of drained and rinsed black beans. The possibilities are endless!
- 2 cups corn kernels (frozen, thawed)
- 1/3 cup purple onion (chopped)
- 1/4 cup red bell pepper (chopped)
- 3 tablespoons fresh cilantro (chopped)
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1 to 2 tablespoons jalapeno pepper (finely chopped)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Combine all ingredients in a small bowl. Toss to blend.
- For best flavor, cover and refrigerate for 2 to 4 hours.
- Remove from refrigerator about 30 minutes before serving.
- Serve corn salsa with grilled meat, fish, or poultry.
Tips and Variations
- Corn and Tomato Salsa - Add two diced plum tomatoes to the salsa.
- Corn and Black Bean Salsa - Add 1 cup of drained and rinsed canned black beans to the salsa.
- Grilled Corn Salsa - Grill 6 ears of corn until the kernels are charred. Cut the corn from the ears with a corn cutting tool or sharp knife.
- Corn Salsa With Roasted Red Peppers - Replace the 1/4 cup of chopped red bell pepper with chopped roasted red pepper.
- Replace the jalapeno pepper with fresh chopped mild green chile or green bell pepper.
|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Total Fat||0 g|
|Saturated Fat||0 g|
|Unsaturated Fat||0 g|
|Dietary Fiber||1 g|