This cranberry cake bars recipe is made in a 13x9-inch pan and is as easy as pie, except it isn't pie! The recipe comes to us by way of two friends, who got it from someone else! It's just a darn-good cake that's simple to make. When summer comes around, substitute fresh blueberries for the cranberries.
- 3/4 cup butter (softened)
- 2 cups sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 2 cups fresh cranberries (washed)
- 2/3 cup pecans (chopped)
- Garnish: confectioners' sugar
- Optional: cherry-cranberry sauce
- Heat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large bowl, cream butter with sugar for 5 minutes. Add eggs and beat another 2 minutes. Mix in flour and almond extract. Fold in cranberries and pecans until well combined.
- Coat a 13x9-inch pan with cooking spray (and dust with flour, if desired). Spread batter evenly in pan and bake 40-45 minutes or until toothpick tests clean (except for cranberry juice).
- Cool on a wire rack. When cool, sprinkle with confectioners' sugar. Cut into bars of desired size. Serve warm or cold with Cherry-Cranberry Sauce, if desired.
|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Total Fat||10 g|
|Saturated Fat||4 g|
|Unsaturated Fat||4 g|
|Dietary Fiber||1 g|