|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
Serve this great-tasting garlic chicken with cooked spaghetti, angel hair pasta, or rice, along with a tossed salad or fresh sliced tomatoes. A little cream, lemon, and garlic make this chicken dish a tasty and easy meal to make any day of the week.
- 1 pound chicken breast (boneless; thinly sliced)
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 3 cloves garlic (finely minced)
- 4 green onions (with about 3 inches of green; thinly sliced)
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Optional: 1/2 red bell pepper (thinly sliced)
Put the chicken breast halves between sheets of plastic wrap and gently pound to a thickness of about 1/4-inch. If using thinly sliced chicken breast, skip this step. Sprinkle lightly with salt and pepper; dredge in the flour.
Heat the oil and 2 tablespoons of butter in a large skillet over medium-low heat; add the chicken and brown for about 2 to 3 minutes on each side.
Add the bell pepper, lemon juice, garlic, green onions, and chicken broth; bring to a simmer. Cover and simmer over low heat for 15 minutes, or until chicken is cooked through.
Add the cream and salt and pepper, to taste.
Serve with hot cooked angel hair pasta.