Crockpot recipes are easy and delicious options for anyone with just not enough time to cook. Just throw the ingredients in the crockpot and forget about for several hours! This recipe is extremely versatile: It's up to you! Use beef, chicken, pork, or other meat in this easy slow cooker barbecue recipe.
- 2 pounds beef chuck (or pork shoulder, or 3 pounds boneless chicken thighs)
- 1 large onion, cut into chunks
- salt and pepper (to taste, or a seasoned salt or grill blend)
- 1 (16 oz) bottle barbecue sauce
- Cut the meat or chicken into cubes.
- Season meat with salt and pepper or a seasoning blend, as desired. Transfer to the slow cooker.
- Sprinkle the onions over the meat.
- Pour the barbecue sauce over the onion layer.
- Cover the pot and cook on LOW for 7 to 9 hours, or until the meat is tender enough to shred.
|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Total Fat||16 g|
|Saturated Fat||6 g|
|Unsaturated Fat||7 g|
|Dietary Fiber||1 g|