- 1 package (8 ounces) dates (chopped )
- 3/4 cup sugar (granulated)
- 1 cup pecans (chopped)
- 6 tablespoons butter
- 1 egg (lightly beaten)
- dash of salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 1/2 cups crispy rice cereal
- 3/4 to 1 cup flaked coconut
- In a saucepan combine the dates, sugar, pecans, butter, and egg; cook over medium heat, stirring, until bubbly. Cook over low heat, constantly stirring, for about 6 minutes.
- Remove from the heat and stir in the salt, vanilla, and cereal.
- Cool the mixture.
- Keeping hands moistened with cold water, shape the cooled date mixture into fingers; roll in coconut.
|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Total Fat||15 g|
|Saturated Fat||6 g|
|Unsaturated Fat||6 g|
|Dietary Fiber||2 g|