Whenever my kids want to make sugar cookies, I pull out this recipe, because they're drop sugar cookies, so there's no need to mess with rolling the dough. The best part about this recipe (besides the fact that it's so easy) is that it makes nice, soft, tender sugar cookies, and the kids can still decorate them with sprinkles or even icing.
Don't Miss: 25 Days of Christmas Cookies
- Sift together flour, baking powder and salt. Set aside.
- Cream butter and sugar together with an electric mixer. Beat in egg and vanilla.
- On low speed, beat in flour mixture, mixing until all the flour is incorporated. Do not overmix, or the cookies will turn out tough.
- Refrigerate dough for at least 30 minutes, preferably 1-2 hours.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line cookie sheets with parchment paper or a silpat mat.
- Drop dough by rounded tablespoonsful onto prepared cookie sheets. Flatten slightly with your fingers. Sprinkle with sprinkles, if desired.
- Bake 8-12 minutes, until cookies are golden brown the bottom.
|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Total Fat||24 g|
|Saturated Fat||14 g|
|Unsaturated Fat||8 g|
|Dietary Fiber||1 g|